Surface Pre-Treatments for UV Curing Ink Systems
Nazdar offers a variety of adhesion promoters that can help with difficult to adhere to substrates. The quick reference guide below helps to correctly specify the appropriate adhesion promoter for your application.
The Nazdar adhesion promoter range can be used with any UV curing digital ink, regardless of manufacturer, to improve the adhesion of the ink on the target substrate.
The three promoters in the range are wipe on products.
Using a clean, dry, lint free wiper, moisten with the adhesion promoter and wipe the surface to be printed. Cover the entire substrate with primer making sure to get a uniform deposit across the surface.
Allow primer to dry thoroughly before printing (Approx. 10 minutes depending on humidity levels)
Print the newly primed surface as soon as possible. The primed substrate may be stored for up to 24hrs after application, possibly less with in very humid environments.
UV curable inks should be printed onto the thoroughly dried primer.
For best adhesion, allow the printed surface to post-cure for 24 hours at room temperature.
NAZKOTE RA1000 UV Premium Liquid Lamination Clear
RA1000 Premium Liquid Lamination Clear is a UV curable protective coating to maximize the durability and abrasion resistance of digitally printed graphics. This product shows excellent clarity and flow-out properties. Primarily for use with self-supporting flexible and pressure sensitive vinyl; cast vinyl is recommended for enhanced outdoor durability.
- Maximum exterior performance with resistance to the effects of UV degradation and colour fading.
- Excellent adhesion on most self-supporting flexible vinyl’s and pressure sensitive vinyl.
- Excellent "flexibility" for decal graphics over curved or irregular surfaces.
NAZKOTE RA2000 UV POP Liquid Lamination Clear
RA2000 POP Liquid Lamination Clear is a UV curable protective coating to enhance the durability and abrasion resistance of digitally printed graphics, this product shows excellent clarity and flow-out properties. It’s primarily used with pressure sensitive vinyl, coated papers, coated cardstocks and some plastics.
- Enhanced exterior performance with resistance to the effects of UV degradation and colour fading.
- Adhesion to most pressure sensitive vinyl, coated paper, coated cardstock and some plastics.
- Fast curing characteristics minimise the risk of "blocking".
NAZKOTE RC Primer UV Liquid Lamination Clear
Roller Coat Clear is a UV curable primer for corrugated polypropylene and can be applied as a protective coating over Piezo UV Digital Inks to enhance abrasion resistance of the printed graphics. This product shows excellent clarity and flow-out properties. The primary features of this product are as follows:
- Designed for indoor and short term outdoor corrugated polypropylene sign applications.
- Fast curing characteristics minimise the risk of “blocking”.